2010-03-23

Shapeshifters in the shadows

Hola everyone!

I hope you've had a nice week!

Spring is still trying to find it's way to here in Finland, apparently it got lost  somewhere and all we have now is more snow :/

But enough about the weather, you're not here to read about that, right?

You're here to read about the MAKEUP.

This time it's about lights and shadows.

So we all know that face isn't flat. And if you apply a layer of opaque paint (ie. foundation, powder, what ever) it loses part of it's natural shine, and that makes your skin look flat.

So after we have painted our faces to cover, we need to make them look natural again. (Men, if you are reading this and shaking your head 'cos it makes no sense, stop it. We don't think it makes sense either, but we do it anyway. Just like what you guys do with your cars :3 )

But HOW do we make our skin look natural then?

We need Shading Powder, Highlighter and Blush.

Personally the most important thing in makeup is to take notice on higher and lower points.
darkest color goes to deepest point, lightest to the highest. It works on lids, cheeks, even lips.

But how do I do my contouring?

I do it like this:


And here's pics showing the process.

First here is flat skin with just primer, easystick and minaral foundation:

Then I added shading powder just under the cheekbone. Easiest way is to make a "fishface", so you see where your cheekbone is. I also added shading powder to define my chin line, and a hint to temples:

Then I used the highlighter. Well, actually I sometimes use blush first, but I don't think that matters so much :3
Anyway. What are the highest points of face? Cheekbones, nose, chin, forehead, and (IMO) cupid's bow (also brow bone, but I usually add eyeshadow to highlight it) . So I add highlighter to those points:

Well, the last pic doesn't really show the blush, but there it is, trust me. Easiest way to determine where to put blush is to smile, it should show you the right spot. Then add blush to your cheek.
Finally, if you think the lines are too harsh, you can soften them with kabuki brush.

But that's all this time. Hopefully I'll get to tell you about the MSCHIC's new spring collection next week!

Have a great time!


Love,

2 comments:

SilhouetteScreams said...

Wow, I can really see the difference with the step by step photos :) the diagram is super helpful, and I honestly never thought of contouring at the temples!

ummy said...

I love this step by step, thx a lot xoxo

Post a Comment